IBM NetVista 2260 Win XP freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hppygo

Beta member
System ran fine with WIN 98Se after clean install to XP PRO system freezes if not running in VGA Mode.

IBM 2276
Pent III 934 mhz
BIOS AMI 460024i 1.04 9/14/2000
Adapter type (on board) Intel 82810E
Video Driver i81xdnt5.dll
Driver Version 6.13.01.3196

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ken

Is it on-board video?
What type of video chip is it? ATI, Nvidia? 3dfx?

Did you update your video drivers?
Did you update your chipset drivers?
Did you test this system with another video card? I assume you don't have an AGP slot, so what about an old PCI card.

I update video driver from Intel Website.
Tried to update BIOS from IBM. Don't believe successful , driver on PC ver 46024i 1.04 9/14/2000, driver on IBM site tried to update with same 46024i with release date 10/19/2001.

Where do I find chipset drivers?

Do you have the book for the mobo? I can't search because I'm at work, but look for what chipset came from that mobo, then do a search on the chipset name followed by "driver".

You should be able to run 800x600 w/16bit color. I wouldn't try anything higher then that if you have integrated video from a board that old.

Integrated video, seams to work at 640x480 low (8bit) only.
latest video and 810e chipset drivers from intel.

Maybe ram problem (video uses ram)?

System stays up while idle and low usage and when usage increase, system freezes.

Worked fine with 98se

go figure

If your trying to run XP off of an 8meg video card then you need to upgrade my brother from another mother.

Pick up a value Geforce MX for $40 (pci) and that should solve that.

I think the min sys requirments are more then 8meg for video.

Also, did you turn off all of the eye candy in XP?

Installing a new graphic force tnt2 m64 pci card (32 meg) seamed keep the system up. Still freezes when trying to run pinball.

integrated video has less then 10 meg ram.

Thanks for you help up to now, any other thoughts?

Still having problems. Believe video problem but unsure.
Computer locks ups with onboard video disabled, installed nvidia tnt2 64. Locks up when trying to play pinball or install macromedia flash. Swapped memory still locks up. Updated all chipset drivers, bios, ect. Any help will be appreicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom