Best Brand of 6600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
I am sooo tired of my XFX 6600gt 128mb that i got off of newegg a week ago! After a windows re-installation it still will not let me play direct3d games (HL2, CSS,) or even use 3DMARK03 without a video memory error!

I have heard about alot of problems with XFX and decided to find a good ol' trustworthy brand that still kicks some butt!

Any1 got a suggestion.

How about MSI?

MUST BE AGP 8x!

msi and leadtek are great

i have a leadtek and it's running 37C idle(dunno about load, but i don't think it gets pass 50 under cs:S) which means more OCing compared to other cards that run hotter

edit: oh yea, it never gave me any trouble

PNY! - Well it's really upto you I've had this PNY 6600GT for a littlw while now and had no problems what so ever, Installed to AGP Slot booted PC up and Installed drivers, Thats it, No problems at all and is running great upto this day.

eVGA is by far the best. I wouldent get a PNY or leadtek. eVGA 6600 GT is the absolute best for OC.

eVGA 6600 GT is the absolute best for OC.
Not from what I've experienced thus far. The 6800GT is true...but I don't know about these 6600GT's.

LeadTek has an awesome stock cooler from what I hear and has been able to have some good OC's generally reaching 600 core and I've read a lot of people getting 1.1GHz and up on the memory.

Thus far my highest OC is

564/1046

so the OC'ability is kind of in the 'ehhhh' zone for the 6600GT's....it rests about 52C idle and was hitting 80C full load, 87C in a little bit of a hotter room.

Can't wait to get some water cooling goin then I'll cool that core down REAL good like :p

my evga works great... i've also heard that leadtech is really good. anandtech did a review of all the different 6600gt's and i think the leadtech won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom