Sound card or onboard sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
hi all

everyone knows that a graphics card is far supirior to onboard graphics

is this true for sound?

can anyone tell me whats the advantage of having a sound card over onboard sound, assuming that the onboard sound is from a recent mobo.

thx

Kronos

Yes...It is....to a certain extent. I have always believed that integrated sound is fine. However, professionals and hardcore games must have the highest quality of sound. Your eye is much more senstive than your ears, and can detect smaller changes more accuratly.

Any intergrated sound I have heard always hurts my ears. I do have sensitive hearing, being a remixer and a DJ and crap.

Also, a seperate sound card enables you to do alot more with it, lower noise floors and takes some stress off your processor.

Well I am getting a sound card tomorrow for 3 reasons...
1) Make my music sound better
2) I am gonna start recording TV onto my PC and everyone says sound quality is way better with a sound card
3) Take some stress off my processer

I am doing some semi-intensive things on this computer and only have a 2.6 ghz Celeron.

I am planning on getting an Audigy 2 Value... any comments on this?

Look at the turtle beach cards

Sound better than the most expensive soundblasters

Or if you want amazing sound quality, but surround sound doesnt matter, when you want 1 in 1 out, M-Audio 2496 is worth looking at

When I upgraded to my sound card from integrated sound, it was SO much clearer, just for plain music listening. Thats not including in-game sound.

I dont know about clearer, but I know that most onboard sound doesnt support 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound, with a card it will. And if you have 6 channel audio, it will run of your processor, with a sound card, it runs off the sound card.. all around sound cards are better..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom