New Mobo/Case Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman420

Baseband Member
I have just bought myself an Antec SLK3000B case that has a 3-pin power led connector wired in it. I have also just bought an ECS 915P-A motherboard that has a 2-pin power led header. How can I make my 3-pin power led connector work with my 2-pin header?

I've never seen any adapters around for this but I could be wrong.

I'm assuming that the 3 pin connector has just 2 wires, pin 1 & pin 3, with the middle pin having no wire.

If so, there are 2 things you could do :

1. Slice the connector in half down the middle, leaving 2 single pin connectors (may need to file the cut edges back a bit).

2. Find a spare used 2 pin connector from an old machine or whatever, with 2 wires in. Chop off the 3 pin connector & connect the wires from the 2 pin straight to the remaining cable. (obviously make sure that the connection is well insulated)

Alternatively, if you have a spare led from an old case with a 2 pin connector on, you may be able to swap the entire thing over.

I know these are messy solutions & not ideal but I've done it before a few times without a problem.

It looks like you're right about the 3-pin connector having 2 wires, both set to the outside pins, with no wire in the middle pin. I'll go ahead and slice in down the middle pin and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom