Computer Wont Load Up! Not Even Bios =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
anyways, i just installed the new tmd Aero magnetic fan thingy.

im running a athlon 2100xp
on a asus a7s333

anyways, when ibooot my computer, itwont pass the screen where it shows the asus boot screen. if i hit del to go intobios, itwill freeze =/

someone plz helpmeout =(

no beeps at all, recheked ide cable, only 1 stick of 512 memory, ive taken the heatsink off once and put it bcak on, everythings the same but i changed the heatsink/fan =/!
i hit delete at the asus logo and it says entering bios.. and thats it.
wont go no furthur

Did you remember to stick some thermal paste between the heatsink and fan? If you previous cooler was a stock amd it'd have come with the little preplaced pad, if you change to a new one you need thermal paste or it may well overheat.

yes, i put new paste on it! it was a 55 dolla fan!
uthink it didnt come with paste ^_^ ?

anyways, by reseting the cmos, what does that do?

but yea, it stops loading at the PNP int
part
i got into bios once today!
thats bout it/.. =/

its a asus a7s333 mobo, is it possible that the fan take up too much of the power supply?

it is possible that the new heatsink/ fan combo is not being read by the CPUFAN_1. maybe the RPM's it's reporting to the BIOS is not being read properly. did the old heatsink/ fan work ok?

it was starting to get crappy because computer was heating up pretty bad, so i figure might as well buy a really expensive fan this time so i dont have to go through the same problem again.

when i actually got into bios, (Been in 1 or 2 times with new fan), the fan speed was average 5200 rpms +++ and the cpu temp was not rapidly moving high.

Magnetic tipped,, they are awesome,, good rpms ,, and the air movement is phenom!!!

For AMD chips they are great!!

sounds to me like the CPU is not seated correctly,,

check it out,, Pins, slot, for dust, junk, bent stuff,,

bright light,, and make sure everything is UNPLUGGED,,,from the power outlets I mean,,

static is the last thing you want in there,,

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom