Plugging In psu blows wall curcuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
I just got a 500w Ultra Power Supply and when I plug it into the wall with and without it being connected to my computer it blows the wall curcuit. I have it set to 115v and I live in Canada. Is it a screwed up? I really hope not cuz it took forever to get here and I have all my part and if it is broken ill be waiting on a replacement for just the one part! Any chance in damaged my computer components if you think it did, ill be really pissed off.
Thanks for any help,
Scotty:angry:

um..what exactly did you plug in the wall?

all you have to do is plug the power plug thingy into the wall and the other end on your PSU and if your PSU isn't on, then i don't know how your wall got blown up

Lol I mean I plug the power cord into the wall with the power supply OFF or On and it blows the houses curcuit for that roof and I gotta throw the curcuit breaker.

wow dude that sucks. when it happens is the power supply on or off and when it is plugged in it trips the breaker?

Sounds like your wall outlet has a short. Try a different outlet.

What else is plugged in on the circut?

If your blowing the main house circut, unplug a fridge than try it. If your blowing a seperate fuse \ breaker, put it on it's own fuse \ breaker

EDIT: In Canada, it takes 1800watts to blow a fuse \ breaker on a normal 15 amp circut. That's enough to plug in 3x 500 watt power supply's

Well I fixed it, it was something completely different. I used an multimeter on the psu power cord to check resistance. it was screwed up the ground was cross wired with another pin!
How incredibly stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom