Graphic Card Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
Well I want to get a new graphics card and was browsing the ebay... So what's the best 256mb Graphics card? And does it matter that it's second hand?

It'll be used for serious gaming and I know it's down to personal choice and all but I'll be using it for Far Cry, Unreal, America's Army, Doom 3, Splinter Cell 2 and maybe Half Life.

6800 GT or above whatever, u wont eb ble to find it second hand, but if you are looking for used, see if the person was gamer or not, a if, he might have forced the card to fry couple of times.

If you can afford it, 6800GT or 6800 Ultra

If not, the 9800 pro comes in a 256mb flavor that should do decently on the games you mentioned.

Nope, not having luck with those... Very pricey. Okay maybe not best graphics card but a damn good one instead, recommendations?

So far I've seen:

ATI Radeon 9550
ATI RADEON 9250
GeFORCE FX5500
ATI Radeon DDR 9800
Geforce FX5700

Wow I think I've gotten in over my head, I've seen a ATi Radeon 9600XT for £100 that's pretty much as far as I'm going to pay for a second hand card.

CreditSolutions said:
If you can afford it, 6800GT or 6800 Ultra

If not, the 9800 pro comes in a 256mb flavor that should do decently on the games you mentioned.

256 meg 9800 pro's are a waste of money

You shouldnt nessacarly be looking for a 256 card. If your on a budget, an 128meg card will suffice, like a 6600GT.

On low and mid end cards, the 256 meg of memory is just to sucker people in that think the more megs, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom