Twin 6600GTs (Non SLI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreditSolutions

In Runtime
I read in my mobo's manual that you could run one card at 16x and the other at 2x (both in PCIe 16x slots). Do you think it would yield any gain? Im guessing no, but I just wondered what you guys thought.

i would think...no cauze it's like...wouldn't 1 be like...not have anything plugged into it? Like cauze you gotta put the moniter into one or the other, and i'd imagine that whichever one the moniter went into became the only one that'd matter. And i bet 2 graphics cards would confuse the computer...unless you went and double headed the system.

How do you have have 2 cards in PCI-E x16 slots and it is not SLI? Anyways generally motherboards have around 18 pci-express lanes. If you only have one video card than you run that at x16 and then you have 2 x1 slots. If you have two vid cards then you run each card at x8 plus 2 for the 2 x1 slots.

My manual doesn't go into specifics. It doesn't say if they will work in tandom similar to SLI. It just says that if you have 2, one will run at 16x and one will run at 2x. Kind of like a psuedo-SLI? Who knows.

Unless you could program in Direct X and give instructions to your two cards detailing one to render textures and other to render 3D animation or whatnot. -- But that alone sounds like much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom