Lost memory???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakerdude7

Beta member
Hey, I've been having computer problems recently as you can see by my recent postings. I'm getting close to being done though. So I used a system restore cd to restore my computer to factory settings, and now I'm having problems with my external hard drive. Its a 120Gb Maxtor Hard drive, but when I go to my computer, it tells me it that the total capacity is only 31.3 MB. How could I have lost so much space? And how can I get it back? I opened the hard drive folder and deleted everything in in, and regained no space. I don't need anything that is on the hard drive, but I would relaly like the space back. Any ideas? Thanks, Scott

You said you used a CD to do a system restore.. are you sure that you did not create a new windows partition rather than formatting the old one?

I'm not sure exactly what I did... I just put in the cd and followed the instructions. I didn't want to redo my external hard drive though, I just wanted my internal hard drive to be redone. its ok if it got deleted too, but how do I get that space back?

yeah, I have the windows cd, but I don't want to install it on my external hard drive. That is already installed and working on my other hard drive. I jsut want free space on this one to store music, word documents, and pictures on. Is there any way to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom