Brand name of USB flash drive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipeks

In Runtime
I have this flash drive with no drivers disk.

The only name on the USB device is "Speed Drive" with a small '256M' sticker on it.

I've searched all of Google to no avail. I'm looking for win98 drivers for it.

When I load it up on my XP machine, it recognizes it with no problems. Is there a way to find out the manufacturer with an external program for this device?

(i've tried copying over the drivers from the XP machine to the 98 machine via floppy, but those dont work. The 98 computer is an old laptop with no CD ROM or network capability and Im trying to transfer some programs over to it with the USB device.)

search the internet with like the serial number, part number or what not. if that doesnt work, then go out and spend $20 or $30 on a bigger and better brand-name flash drive.

a) There is no serial number.

b) I dont want to spend money on one. I want to get this one working.

Any other USEFUL advice please?

Try hooking it up to your XP machine and running a program that tells you the hardware in your system.

You can download a free one here: http://belarc.com/free_download.html

It ought to tell you the manufacturer and the model number. Just make sure you have it plugged in when you run the app.

Pilotwings119 said:
or look in device manager

hope thats USEFUL

did look in device manager, that is how I discovered which files to copy over with floppy, however.... Win XP is just using generic Microsoft drivers...no manufacturer listed.

And Trotter, unfortuneatly Belarc only says "USB Mass Storage Device"...

is there another program like this?

yeah thats the generic name for a flash drive

try looking at properties of the drive in My Computer?? (right click on it)

or does it not recognize it in My computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom