Wrong icons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
hey hey all, i've got a problem. For some reason my .HTML files are displaying as this icon:

http://img42.exs.cx/img42/7105/badhtml4kp.jpg

This is very confusing and annoys me greatly seeing as i spend a large portion of my time creating websites, does anyone know how this could be fixed?

I just can't seem to get it back to the old E symbol :(

It's not going to cause you any problems but if it annoys you than I can think of a couple of things that may work. ;)

1) Try making sure that .html files are associated with IE. Right click on the file and choose "open with"> "choose program" > "choose IE" > check the box that says "always use the selected program to open this type of file".

If that doesn't work, try this.

2) Open up a folder that contains some .html files. From the menu choose > tools > folder options > file types > scroll down to .htm & .html > select .htm > hit the advanced tab > change icon, you should be given a choice of icons including IE > hit ok, then ok again, hit apply and do the same for .html.

I hope this helps ya. :)

yes. I select the IE icon, click ok, then apply but it remains the same

'unknown file' icon :(

any other suggestions?

Try replacing it..

Right click on your desktop and you will see the option, new> shortcut> go there and click on it. It will give you a dialog box to follow.

"Type the location of the shortcut" (and a browse button to follow), then go to My Computer> C Drive> Program Files>Internet Explorer>and then you SHOULD see the IE symbol in there and if you click on it, it will say in the dialog box: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" and that will give you what you want.

IF you do NOT have the IE symbol in there, you have big issues and need to repair IE. To do that, go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378 That's assuming you have XP. Liz

lol, nevermind, i found out what was causing the problem and corrected it.

Cheers all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom