hp laserjet connection refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

triciab

Solid State Member
I have a hp laserjet 1200 using a jetdirect 175, it is now saying printing error connection refused. I have to go and unplug the power supply to the jetdirect and plug it back in and it will print fine for a couple of documents, then will go back to saying connection refused. I have replaced both the network cable and the power supply. I am unsure of what to do next, I've tried to find some answers on hp's site, but can't find what I'm looking for. If anyone can assist in anyway, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

i deal with these particular printers but not on jetdirects, but deal with a lot of other hp printers on jet directs. I have seen similar issues. not sure how you have the server set up but you may want to try a different driver. also try another port on the jetdirect box. Is there any other printers on the jetdirect box and do they have any problems. try to hook the printer up locally and see if same thing happens. On the server driver check for spooling settings (try diff settings). we do not put these 1200s on jet directs here because they do not have enough memory. Is this the only 1200 on the network on a jetdirect box.

I've tried a different driver and there is only one port on the jetdirect. I've also tried a different port on our switch. There are no other printers on the jetdirect and there are other 1200's with jetdirects and they work fine. I haven't tried the spooling settings yet, I was thinking that maybe the firmware needed to be upgraded, but can't figure out how to do so, the web interface is different from what the directions said, so I'm basically trying anything since I can't really mess it up anymore than I already have. Thanks for the suggestions!

i think i have one or two of these printers new in a box. if you want print out a config page and let me know the firmware ver. and i will check and see what some of these are. i cannot find any info on hp web either. only thing was HP Jetdirect 175x print server (J6035A) for a 10/100-TX USB network connection. Novell is not supported. but i doubt that is your problem since you have other ones on the network that do work.

well, it's fixed now, apparently the jetdirect thought it was using a parallel port instead of the usb connection it had. thank you for all your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom