Computer will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtravok

Solid State Member
I built myself a computer last night. Everything worked. I loaded WindowsXP Pro and everything seemed fine. I moved the comp. to my desk connected everything back up and turned it on....The fans came on, but nothing else. The hard drive doesn't spin nor the cd. I have checked all the cables, tried a minimum install and still nothing. Could the power supply be the problem? Can it power the mobo, but not the other? I have an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe, AMD 64 4000+, WD 200G hd, 1G ram, and Powercolor video card. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Is it a crappy no-name brand PSU, they like superglue some of the components in the PSU on the crappy ones. Make sure nothing is rattling around in the PSU.

If hard drives or CD's dont come on, they are not getting power, or broken.

Probolly a cheap power supply and something came unsoldered

First I would take it out and shake it to hear if anything is loose in it. Second I would make sure it is nothing else, and 3rd I would either test the PSU on an ATX PSU tester or on a multimeter.

Nothing rattling in the PS. What is a good PS to get? I have to drive a good distance to the comp. store and don't want to make too many trips. If there are any other possibilities I would like some opinions.

Personally, i don't think it's the power supply. I would try locating the CMOS jumper on your MOBO. Move the jumper to the CMOS CLEAR position for 2 minutes. (See MOBO manual for location)

Then move the CMOS jumper back to the normal position. Power up, enter the bios and check to see if all your devices are found. If they are, make sure you boot to the HDD with the OS. Try to start OS.

Well it was not the PS. I tried clearing the cmos and that did not fix the problem. Is there a possibility that the mobo could be the problem?

when they go on do ur fans still spin ? or do they turn off if they do turn off i had the same problem something must be loose or pluged in wrong if there is a green light on ur mobo then it shud be powered =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom