Overclock to far?Not Badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Well i was just on the internet and then it went to a blue screen saying that It had exited and was begining to dump physical memory did i over clock to far i only did. 1.33-1.4is all I did. so do you know what I should do?Or is my CPU not stable if not tell me how to change it.

what do you mean 1GHz is all? That's a hefty OC for any system.

Voltage = stability

You're supposed to run prime95 for 12+ hours to insure stability in your system

ok well i put it down from 1.33 ro 1.5 see if that'll help gatta wait till my Big Brother leaves to do something and i'll mess with it.

Possibly it overheated? Maybe it's a stable o/c but you don't have the cooling capacity? What heatsink/fan(s) are you using? It is possible that you o/c'd it too far. 1GHz is a big hop. Or do you mean you o/c'd it to 1GHz. In that case it must be an older CPU and possibly not as stable. You also mentioned "well i put it down from 1.33 ro 1.5 see if that'll help" Do you mean you increased it from 1.33 to 1.5? If so, that should provide increased stability with higher temp outputs.

2 120 mm fans and a cheap heatsink with stock thermal compund maybe i can find the heatsink on newegg because that was a bundle deal

mostly handidowns from my brother old pos
But it has 333 Ram 3 CAS(not sure on timing i think it was that)
80 GB Maxtor harddrive (new)
MOBO unknown
1.33 Ghz Amd t-bird soket a
Geforce Ti200
Full tower ugly ass case
2 120 mm fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom