Sapphire Radeon x800 XT PE: Hands down, #1 VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in all of the hype about AMD processors being better for gaming than Intel. It is true that the 64 series (FX-53 & FX-55) are great processors for gaming. The P4 extreme Edition is mighty nice too. The P4 3.46 Extreme Edition has a 1066MHz FSB. If you have a MOBO that supports it, gaming will be just as sweet. The difference in price of the FX-55 & P4 3.46EE is about $150.00

I don't know, i've had AMD & Intel and they've both served me well in different ways.

Glad you like the card. Im gonna be recieving a similar PC soon - only AMD and a diff vid card (X850 XT PE :). Does your wife use that PC for anything hardware intensve? thats a helluva nice PC for microsoft word lol

Glad you like the X800XT. I didn't know HL2 would be that different on it than the 9800 Pro, being as it was made for the 9800 series. Glad you like your purchase. I bet its a heck of alot better than the X800 Pro.

I think the extra 4 pipes makes a difference, amongst other things. Can't wait to finish the build I'm working on so I can see how this x800 xl benches.

Seems like a loss for someone who wouldnt notice intergrated vs x800XT PE

And yeah, AMD do run games better.

The Video Card isn't for her, it's for me. I'm using her PC until I can get back to mine. I've decribe the situation in detail in a previous post.

As far as AMD vs. INTEL goes, it's all just a matter of opinion.

I prefer AMD simply because its a little cheaper and still gets the job done nicely.

I wish I could drop 500+ on a graphics card. :p Oh well, my little ol' 6600GT should suffice for a while, until I can either pick up a 6800 or another 6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom