PSU Problems? Voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApM

Daemon Poster
Yeah recently I have got my machine up and running in fine order, had it ran for around a day now and suddenly it just cut's off, randomly restart's...

I'am sure the reason is the PSU, on DigiCell - PC Alart 4 it sometimes flashes red on the voltage / +12v and it flashes "2.04"

The PSU is a Jeantech 450Watt - 22A.

I'am running (Also see in profile) -

3400+ AMD CPU
Gefroce 6 - 6600GT
1 DVD Drive
1 SATA HDD
KN8 Neo Nforce 3
3 Fan's, And 2 Lighting Tubes..

* See the rest In Profile.

The CPU temp is - 43C Stable, and Sys temp is 35C (I havn't installed the new heatskin & fan yet though and I was wondering if the PSU could be the problems to the random restarts?

hmm im thinknig the psu try a diff one.. cuz usually ur computer restarts / crashes when not enough voltage goes 2 ur mobo and such or u run 2 many thnigs and ur comp cant handle so it restarts..

It cost me £50, wouldn't say cheap for a PSU.

Well I'am going purely off PC Alert 4 here it reads on the voltage line:

Voltage:

Vcore: 1.54
3.3V: 3.30
+5v: 5
+12: 2.04

Temp: CPU - 42C / Sys - 34C

wow thats one hecka expensive psu especially for one that dies on u. (btw im from cali hence the hecka/hella thing)

Just like that? I've only had this one for about 1month if that, It's brand new, and all that time spent doing cable management and wiring :O.

Any other suggestions towards this? Or just go for a new PSU? If I do get a new PSU, I firstly need to take this one back to PC World where I bought it from and see if I can get a refund. I don't think they will since I have done added cable sleaves to it and I've got no prouf of purchase no PC World bag or recipt, but they only sell like 2 PSU's in that store and one of them been this one.

You think If I take it up and just say - "I put the sleaves on before I tested it, and when I when't to install it, it just cut-off, it didn't work and I thrown out the older molexes."

But does changing the moxel void warrenty?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom