What's currently bottlenecking my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked up a lot of reviews before I decided on the mobo, it seems great. The guy who built my PC has the same mobo in his PC, he says it's great.

Bought it for $175 on Newegg, which seems pretty expensive to me =)

Looks like your CPU would be the main bottleneck, with your graphics card pulling a close second. But, if you don't game, just say your CPU.

From the reviews on NewEgg, I gather that this mobo is a LGA775? If it is, it could go with one of the new 6xx line of Intel's 64 bit CPUs. That would definately eliminate the bottleneck involving the CPU
thumbs.gif

I'm getting the idea that my motherboard isn't compatible with certain processors. I'm pretty sure I've heard others saying the same thing.

To what extent is it limited?

DO you know what socket your mobo has for sure? The description on NewEgg doesn't say. Oh, just checked the DFI site, and your mobo is definately LGA775.

Go to NewEgg and search for Intel processors, 800FSB, Socket LGA775. Your mobo could run any of them.

Edit- To run the 64s, you'd have to update your BIOS...I think.

So this motherboard can only run Intel processors?

Also, by 800FSB, do you mean 800MHz FSB?
Why would my motherboard be restricted to these processors?

yea...but you're golden. If it wasn't compatable, i bet it wouldn't even run. In fact, if it wouldn't run cauze i bet you couldn't get the processor in, cauze i know AMD uses ZIF (zero insertion force) technology and forcing the processor in would break the mobo, the processor, or both. I think it's both your processor and graphics card, both need upgrading.

the cpu/mobo each have a certain number of pins. also, the instructions for both are completely different

Is incompatibility with those processors a major thing? Should I send this mobo back in for something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom