Ok sorry about before but i needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
Sorry i never finished the old post about my hd, i didnt find time to reply back what my system was:
AMD XP 1800+
ECS MOBO
MAXTOR 80GIGER 7200RPM
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY GAMER
NVIDIA GeFORCE Ti 500
GENERIC RAM 512 2100 DDR
NEC 52X CD BURNER
(cant member the company, lol) 4x dvd burner

I dont no why but when i try to play any game or a dvd my comp freezes up and or reboots. i have the case side open so there alot of air going in. i defrag like once a week, and scan disk. am sure i dont have a viruses, so if any of you guys have any ideas what i should do (besides formating) plz lay it on me. Thx

I had roughly the same prob on my setup before and mine turned out to be ram but whats the specific model on the board?? if its an Nforce 2 board then its the generic ram because nforce 2 boards are picky about ram

i have a 300watt ps, i have a cpu fan 2hd fans and a video card fan, a cd burner a dvd burner, and no its not a nforce mobo just on board sound

it says i would need a 264 power supply but i have 300 so i have more then enough. what else can be cause all my HDz to crash

Could be that generic memory. Try backing off the fsb in the BIOS slightly and see if that helps.

when you say hard, how hard? is it abnormally loud CLICK!!! and then it reboots? maybe your hard disk is failing, can you take it out and try another hard disk?

-edit

also it can also be a codec/ movie player issue. i have had divx and xvid movies cause the hard disk to infinately click-click-click......forever. i had to find a different xvid codec and a trick i use is:

right click a text file and select "opens with:" windvd(or whatever dvd player you use). if you dont see that option hold down shift key while right clicking.

this will make the movie player default to nothing so it doesn't autoresume the movie and lock up.

after the player is open i drag and drop the movie file onto the player. stupid buggy codecs, its annoying. also uninstall any xvid or beta versions of codecs you have and find different ones.

if your hard disk isn't broke and my trick doesn't work, reinstall the operating system is all i can suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom