What's currently bottlenecking my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valleyman

Solid State Member
I'm relatively new to the hardware aspects of PCs, but I'm wondering what I should upgrade to get the best results...

My Computer:
LANPARTY 875P-T Mobo
Pentium 4 Processor
Radeon 9600XT
1GB of RAM

I'm thinking the video card, but I may be mistaken...

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the video card looks to be lower end of your system, but without any specifics on any of your parts, I can't really say.

gaara said:
Yes, the video card looks to be lower end of your system, but without any specifics on any of your parts, I can't really say.

What do you mean by specifics? I can post them up if you can explain what you mean :D

The P4 processor is 2.4ghz, according to DXDIAG.

The only brand I didn't identify was the RAM, but the only information I can find on it is that it's PC3200 DDR SDRAM, and there's two 512mb's.

I can't find/remember the brand, any suggestions on looking it up?

Nah your ram's fine. 1 GB is good for anything out these days. I would think that it's the processor, but I don't know what that mobo's like.

Oh, and I'm not sure how to look up the speed of my mobo...

I've looked it up on newegg, but I'm not sure which of the specs dictates the speed.

I don't think there's a way to look up the speed of the mobo. I think the mobo's in one of the gray areas where how good it is depends on opinion and price (generally the more expensive the better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom