Overclock old graphiks card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
geforce3 ti200 how am i going to overclock this thing because I tried the thing in the one thread but that got me no where wouldn't let me hit additional. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can I overclock my GeForce FX 5200 ? And can I download software that will allow me to do it ?

majistic said:
Can I overclock my GeForce FX 5200 ? And can I download software that will allow me to do it ?

You sure can (ok there is like a 99% chance you can lol). Just get CoolBits and overclock it. But don't expect anything thoo big...

Yeah see, dont you download cool bits, but you have to get some certain file ? I have no idea how to do it, I have never overclocked anything before.

OC NVidia

From the March 2005 issue of PC World:

NVidia has even built overclocking settings into the latest drivers. To enable them, open Windows Registry editor by going to Start, Run, typing regedit, and pressing Enter. Navigate to "HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA Corporation/Global/NVTweak/", right-click the right pane of the editor and choose to add a new DWord called coolbits. Edit that entry and give it a hex value of 3, then close your Registry editor. The NVidia tab under your PC's advanced display properties settings will now feature a "Clock Frequency Settings" page that allows you to adjust memory and graphics chip clock speeds for your board. Click the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" button if you want the utility to try to find safe overclocked settings for your graphics board.

Ok, I went to go look for Coolbits the program (its a program right?) And all I found is the reg key, which I have already entered in...

Could someone link me so that I can download it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom