Sapphire Radeon x800 XT PE: Hands down, #1 VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, i'm absolutely speechless. Last night my Sapphire Radeon x800xt PE AGP video card arrived. I also bought the Artic-cooling heatsink and fan. Installed FAN and HS, then installed video card. Installed all new catalyst drivers, restarted PC, and loaded up Half Life 2.

Now, i've been playing HL2 with a Radeon 9800 pro which wasn't too bad. I thought the game looked amazing.

This x800XT PE is absolutely stunning. HL2 looks like a completely new game. It's absolutely incredible. Then I ran FARCRY & DOOM 3 with all settings maxed. All three games run as smooth as silk.

Honestly this is by far the best $525.00 i've ever invested in any PC.
You can keep your 2 SLI 6800 ultras.

Glad you're pleased with your purchase :)

What's the rest of your system though?

EDIT: Congrats on getting hold of a X800XT PE btw, I gather they're kinda hard to get your hands on bar the 6800 Ultra EE and X850 XT...

The PC I installed this in is my secondary PC. (My Wifes)
My primary gaming PC that I built is under lock and key! LOL

HER PC:
Dell Dimension 8300
Intel P4 3.4GHz (stock HS&F)
Upgraded stock PSU to PC Power & Cooling 425 watt for Dell
it came with a stock 250watt piece of crap.
PC3200 (4x512MB) Corsair XMS
(2) 250gig Seagate Barracudas with NCQ 7200rpm in RAID 0
NEW - Radeon x800xt PE
SB audigy 2 ZS 7.1
DVD-ROM
NEW - HP burner w/Lightscribe

She's away on business and doesn't know about the new video card. She probably won't even notice. LOL

LOL - She wouldn't care. She could careless about anything PC related. I just like having a good PC to use. The PC that I built is actually locked up in a storage unit in FLORIDA. See I own a condo in Florida and live in Connecticut in the winter. Yeah I know. Why? Ecomony is better in CT. So, anyway, I rent the CONDO out in the winter to a couple. And when i'm not down there, i put all of my valuables in a storage unit. Which means that my gaming rig stays there. In the summer when i'm down there, I have my baby back....

As far as benchmarks go, i need to get some benchsoftware. I don't have any right now... May-be soon.

HAVOC2k5 said:
The PC I installed this in is my secondary PC. (My Wifes)
My primary gaming PC that I built is under lock and key! LOL

HER PC:
Dell Dimension 8300
Intel P4 3.4GHz (stock HS&F)
Upgraded stock PSU to PC Power & Cooling 425 watt for Dell
it came with a stock 250watt piece of crap.
PC3200 (4x512MB) Corsair XMS
(2) 250gig Seagate Barracudas with NCQ 7200rpm in RAID 0
NEW - Radeon x800xt PE
SB audigy 2 ZS 7.1
DVD-ROM
NEW - HP burner w/Lightscribe

She's away on business and doesn't know about the new video card. She probably won't even notice. LOL
Some of those specs are very similar to mine, hence I am even more interested in a benchmark comparison. :p

baller you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about...
meaning AMD since you don't have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom