Overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh so overclocking is made in the computer already.....ITS NOT A PRODUCT??? omg im so dumb........i dont think my bios is good ill send it to you over the internet tell me if its good

Excuse me, but I have a question.

Are you trying to be this way, i mean, the sig, the question and the name?

"Overclocking" cannot be purchased or obtained, as it is not a material possesion. The term overclocking refers to a user increases the clock speed of either memory, processor, or video beyond the speed it is sold to run at.

For example, if you an AMD Athlon 3200+ which runs at a stock speed of 2.0Ghz, the multiplier will be set at 10 and the front side bus (or in this case, the hypertransport) will be set to 200.

200 x 10 = 2000

You may access the FSB/HTT number via the BIOS in order to increase or decrease it. For example, say I increased the HTT by 10mhz, the equation would then look like the following.

210 x 10 = 2100

You have now successfully increased your CPU clock speed by 100mhz.

Be warned, overclocking is dangerous. It increases core temperature, increases the risk of instability, and it voids your warranty. It should not be attempted if you do not have a firm grasp of the concept and are not prepared to troubleshoot issues that may arise.

The BIOS (basic input output system) is a piece of software which is built into your motherboard, and controls the basic configuration of your computer. Do not tamper with any setting in the BIOS is you are not familar with it.

The BIOS will have come with your motherboard though, it's the foundation for your PC, your computer would not boot without a proper, working BIOS. You will not have to buy it.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Excuse me, but I have a question.

Are you trying to be this way, i mean, the sig, the question and the name?

what do you mean..."be this way" hey i no a lot about computers i just didnt know what and overclocking was

The BIOS is basically a microchip on your motherboard, which is part of your computer. Every computer has one, so you don't need to buy one. It is a piece of hardware, a physical microchip, so it's no use trying to send it over the internet.

To overclock you need to enter the BIOS setup program, which is usually done by pressing the del key or F10 or something similar when the computer is just starting up. In there you can set the relevant parameters.

It would appear that you do not know all that much about it, so you may want to read up a little further on the subject before you try overclocking as it can be dangerous and can damage your computer.

TheComputerPro said:
what do you mean..."be this way" hey i no a lot about computers i just didnt know what and overclocking was

Just asking to make sure.

I am suprised you dont know about overclocking, as even my computer illeterate family knows what overclocking is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom