cheap pc building

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sempron is AMD's replacement for the Athlon XP. Im not sure of the exact differences, but they run on the same interface. Maybe the sempron uses less voltage?

The sempron is just some cheap processor that's garbage expisally for gaming.

The mobile setup will be far better, this one is very alike Nubius's setup, and he gives a 3.8ghz a run for it's money (beating it) in alot of benchmarks.

My setup would easily outdo some 2g Dell PC.

You also havn't answered the question about what you will use your PC for. If your nota gamer, we can cut out 130$

EDIT: Barton is the name of the core from AMD's slightly older top end processor.

IntelUser101 said:
mostly for gaming but for some schoolwork and internet surfing...

Than the setup I proposed will be perfect.

Will handle ANY of today's game easily.

yeah right dude that video card is like the best out there and also 200 bucks dude thats as much as like a mobo and amd 64 3000+ bundle at outpost.com

It isnt the best out their, it's a mid line

You do understand, that you can get that CPU to AT LEAST 3500+ speeds without trying at all.

You can also choose to get a 200$ bundle with a 3000+ and a cheap motherboard, but be aware that the 2400+ mobile will run faster, a good SKT 939 motherboard costs 150$ so your likely going to get a crappy motherboard

After hanging around these forums for a while and doing some reasearch, you will learn that a mobile is a good investment.

This is basicly how they select a mobile. They make all the barton core chips. They go to a testing machinne, if the CPU can run a 1.45volts or whatever which most cant and if it runs very cool, it will be laballed as a mobile.

Because it can run at lower voltages, you just bump up the speed, and voltage and you will have no heat or stability issues.

Nubius, a moderator on this board, gets his 2400+ mobile OC'ed with a 6600GT (EVGA, slower than my XFX) to be very close to my 180$ asus a8v and my 3400+ OC'ed to 3800+ speeds.

He's within 8% of my score and his system costs alot less than mine. He goes and beats out a 3.8ghz intel in alot of his benchmarks. He even has 100mhz less on his graphics card.

And to play current games, a 200$ graphics card is nessacary. You had a budget of 600$ for a PC, and I gave you great suggestions.

EDIT: 200$ for a combo, a 3000+ SKT 939 their is 160$
http://shop4.outpost.com/category/O...s/Computer+Components/CPU?accipterAreaString=

Dude here's an example of my system it's not the greatest but it was hella cheap and will run most games ok

p-4 1.8ghz oc'd to 2.1
512 pc2700
80 gig
10 gig hdd
eVGA fx5600 ultra special edition
ABIT IS7-E2
Stock hsf
dual optical cd-rw drives
aspire x-infinity case silver with blue and red lights
total cost $480
take that all you rich a$$ people

Status