Rip Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
i was wondering if this was a rip off when i was buying this from fry's.

Amd Athlon 64 2800+w/heatsink/fan- $140

Asus Ai K8N 250 not delux- $100

Hardrive: 40gig Maxtor 7200RPM - 50-60$

ATX Antec Case: $50

3200 PC PQI Turbo 512mb Single Channel: $100

Geforce FX5500: $100.

assuming they are in US prices...
the ram was a bit of a rip
the hd was a rip
the graphics card was a rip..

i knew it i knew it!! arghhhh thanks viii.. well since i cant return it anymore, do u think this is a okay overall system excluding the video card?

thanks wayne, thats all i wanted to hear ^_^ a comp thats not doom3 cabable and godly buht a comp thatl get me thru with okay games ie counter-strike and warcaft3. somthing that wont die on me in 1 year. Im thinkn bout upgrading to a 6600gt evga then get one more stick of 512mb. Thanks guys!

Buy at newegg next time. You can get a 80gb for the price of that 40gb and you can get 512mb of ram for about $70.

Yes, I would attest to Newegg. The 40GB on their site would probably run $35-$40. 80GB being $55-$60. 512mb for $70? He says he's using PQI. I bought my 512 of PQI for $45.95 on Newegg. Definitely check that out if you're going to buy more parts.

yeah i definitely would if i could. see i dont have a credit card nor does my parents because we declared bankrupcy. also my parents dont agree on sending 600+ in cash or check to somwere we dont know. my parents like to buy things right there... lol not much of an online shoppper. oh btw nappychan, u said u bot ur pqi for 70? yeah its only pc2100. iono if thatl make a differencce. on newegg, for 99 dollars i couldv got a 1gb 512mbx2 from geil.. manh if only i was 18 ^_^

Newegg has the Athlon 3000+ with cooling for $146. Tough break man, seems you shopped at the wrong place.

Do you have any friends/other people you know that could buy online for you?

umm no not really.. yeah it really sucks... i don even think i can return it now... T_T is there a significint difference between a 3000+ and a 2800+ somthing a lil oc wont do.. ^_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom