Thermal Pad or Thermal Gel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay

Baseband Member
Ok I have a stock amd heat sink with a thermal pad on the bottom now i have removed this heat sink because the cpu is getting quite hot should i replace this with thermal gel and if i do do i scrape the old stuff off the cpu? or leave it on

thermal gel is better. scrape off the thermal pad, and put some isophyl (?) alchol stuff on it to remove it completely.

My room Getz so hot at night , my cpu allwayz seems to sit on 60 odd degrees (60 C) and im hopeing this thermal gel will drop a couple of degrees off! (wat ya reckon)???? it will work plus i got it OC'd from a 2700+ (333) to 2800+ but even un oc'd its still 60 all so on stock fan and heatsink

is the CPU barton or thoroughbred?

you should get some Arctic silver 5 and an aftermarket heatsink, that would help a lot with your temps. and if you get really sick of it, you could even invest in a new case, with good airflow.

Yeh man this case if a F#$kin Peace of shit contraption ive ever seen the shitest air flow on the planet "lmao" and i have sum thermal gel, i got it from ma comp guy down the road i cant read it cause all the paint has cum off the tube but its like a greyish texture and soft paste

CPU is thoroughbred pritty sure

well thats why its running so hot, you should seriously get an aftermarket heatsink, like the thermalright SI-97 and a decent fan to go with it. while its fairly expensive, its one of the best, if not the best socket A heatsink. and if your case is as bad as you say it is, get a new one with decent airflow.

yeh i should i still ow me dad 100$ bucks for chippen in with me comp but it was cheap

AMD athlon Xp 2700+
Western Digital 80gig (SATA)
ATI Radeon 9250 128mb
Gigabyte VIA KT600 1934

and a few other things come to just over 400$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom