Amd 64 - Windows Xp Wont Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

noitall

Beta member
Ive built a new computer with an ecs 755a2 motherboard and amd athlon 64 3200+ cpu.
The problem is that every time i try to boot up, windows xp wont start.
The system boots up fine all the way until the screen with the black screen white letter windows logo comes up.
This screen wont come up. The system just restarts itself when its about to come up. With one of the hard drives it puts up a blue error screen with a code that ive read up to be a memory problem, but the memory works fine my other computer.
Ive used three different ide hard drives, three different sticks of 512 mb 184 pin memory, two different agp 4x and 8x video cards; all in different combinations.
All these components work fine on my other computer, so i know they are not the culprit.
I even exchanged the motherboard for a new one thinking that was the problem, with no avail, then the cpu also with the same result.
Ive come to the conclusion that none of my equipment is defective, but still have no idea what the problem is.
Im at my wits end- any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

don't use caps

then maybe someone will read it

and once you do, i can help you (er..or not, i probably can't, but i'll try)

Try to get into windows via safe mode.

If you don't know how to do this, press F8 continuously during boot up and the menu will come up with different ways to boot XP.

Good Luck.

how did the install go?

did you have any problems?

like alex said try to get in to safe mode and troubleshoot from there.

try another stick of memory.

If you decide to use proper english and not caps I will be able to throw out an answer for you.

The boot up screen always does come up asking if I want to use safe mode, and I have tried it and all the computer does no matter what I select is just restart.
Ive used 3 different memory sticks; one of them brand new.
All of the 3 hard drives ive used all had windows xp previously installed on them.
I also reformatted and tried to reinstall windows on one of them, and it ended up taking about 5 minutes for every minute that the install clocks down at starting at 39 minutes; then it came up with an error message at 16 minutes and wouldnt go any further.

Is there anything particular to an AMD 64 cpu that needs something special in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom