DVD ripping software

Status
Not open for further replies.
drumerdudeman said:
my reason being that i just bought a media center pc and im planning on ripping my dvd collection to the big hd.

with guardian knot or win dvdcopy2 it will save the dvd file to anywhere from 300 to 700 mb as oppose to a dvd rip saving it as a 4.7 gig file with dvdshrink. 10 movie equal 50 gig as oppose to maybe having 100-150 movies the AutoGK way in the same space with equal or better quality

despite what most people think DVD shrink is not that great of an dvd encoder. it is just the best of the superfast dvd encoders. Instant Copy is the best Encoder that takes 24hrs. or less (it takes anywhere from .5 to 6 hours to encode)

but even with dvd shrink will it save it as a playable file, like an avi or mpeg or w/e.

i probably will need a program that rips it to a smaller file like you were saying eric though

most mpeg4 files shows up as avi. I was doing your way for years (whole dvd movies on hard drive).

I am just now learning how to save it as a small high quality file. the old way that I knew small files had horrible picture qualiy unless I encoded them over a 24hr period, which took too much time

I have probably 400 gig of movie on my hard drives on my 3 computers, that are whole dvd movies. I'm clearing up room now.

locki433 said:
DVD Decrypter is also free. DVD Shrink is also very good like some others are saying. I just had some problems with it and some newer movies like AVP. It kept having Redundency Recyle errors of somesort, and DVD Decrypter didn't have a problem with these movies for some reason. I use both of them at different times for Ripping and Nero always for burning

Its encrypted or has bad sectors for protection that DVD Shink alone cant break, so use DVD43 or DVD Region with CSS or super Clone DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom