crazy possed laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech4hire

In Runtime
I have a IBM t-22 laptop that when you press down on the top of the lcd sreen it will send the laptop in to standby mode. It works almost like a button , you can simply turn it on and off of standby by pressing down on the laptop screen. Wierd thing is i have replaced every part in this laptop, from the lcd to motherboard. The only thing i have not replaced is the battery or the cpu and of course the plastic case. any ideas or crazy theories are welcome. Let me also say that b4 i replaced all the parts you could make it go in to stand by by moving the lcd back and forth some. Now it takes direct pressure on the top of the lsd but it still does it.

Do you saying that you press the back of the lcd and it kicks it in to standby? or do you mean closing the lcd kickit to standby?

well this laptop was sent off to IBM and all they did was replace the plastic that goes around the keyboard. No explanation of what happend but it does work now. Not sure if this is a secret issue or what but the demons have been exorsized.

On the hinge of the laptop there is a little button on the keyboard piece of the machine,, this is the hibernation button and it works like a contact,,

if you have the laptop on and close the lid,, it goes into standby/hibernation.. when you open the lid,, it kicks back in,,

to me it sounds as though the lid hinge was contacting the inner mechanisms of this switch and causing a "short" just like the switch is supposed to do,,

they replace the outside of the case and V O I L A! magically fixed,,, I think not,,

I believe this is a standard IBM "known-but-keep-it-secret" promblem with the thinkpads,,

My R31 monitor would turn off , like the power was stopped to it, similar to an APM setting,, however, I had it set to Never,,,

IBM gets my Laptop, almost 4 weeks later I get it back ,, the one thin strip of black plastice under the hinge is shiny new,, that is all i see ,,

IBM,,, they are just like the CIA of computers..

*sheesh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom