im a total absolute newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let me transistion into noobie language.
That really big chip with alot of stuff on it, needs to be replaced by another really big chip that is either made or distributed by Dell. The reason why it wont work is because the really big chips from dell have different holes in them :) Get it? lol

uzi9mm said:
Ok let me transistion into noobie language.
That really big chip with alot of stuff on it, needs to be replaced by another really big chip that is either made or distributed by Dell. The reason why it wont work is because the really big chips from dell have different holes in them :) Get it? lol
totally correct but if you get a new mobo and and case i think it might work just gotta know what "stuff" you have.

Aright not sure if this has been said but let me just straighten out some facts.

If you get a new mobo it won't fit into the dell case

If you get a new case the dell mobo won't fit right for the motherboard.

Your normal motherboard has a form factor of whats called 'ATX' boards that are the biggest ATX is called 'Full-ATX' because there are tinier boards called Micro-ATX.

So just remember when someone says 'ATX Board' they are talking about the actual shape of the board.

The processor, graphics card, RAM, HD's will all work with a new motherboard, although you might have to check the actual specifications of the processor to match it up with an appropriate motherboard and since it's an Intel you'll have to get someone who knows Intels, because I honestly don't know crap about intel machines.

The only thing that's incompatible like we said is the fact that a new mobo won't fit in that case, and if you get a new case, that dell mobo won't fit right into the new one.

ok so if i get a new case and a new mobo ill be fine as long as i speak to someone who knows intel well. thanx for being patience with me. lol

i had a hp computer which i moved into my tsunami dream b4 i got all the parts for my comp... no probs... most dell's should be miniatx so theyll fit but there will be a lot of space

Basically it might fit depending on what case you buy. Or it might not fit and you could take this oppurtunity to build a brand new computer that will be much better.

Just call Dell....tell them your specific mobo...and ask what form factor it is.

HP's are different than dells...so because you had one experience where it worked out fine doesn't mean he will.

Best case is just call dell they will tell you. if they mention 'ATX' at all then you can get a new case for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom