I lost ram???

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidrain19

Beta member
I have 2 sticks of 256mb ram, and it has always said that i have 512 when i look at my system info. but like 2 weeks ago i buy a game (world of warcraft) and it says i dont have enough ram, even though the minimum requirments is only 256mb. so i go into my control panel look at my system and it says i only have 192mb of ram. what happend there? is that even possible. i havnt changed my hard ware.

Yank both sticks out, than put one back in. Restart your computer and go into the bios. Save the bios and go back to windows. See what your computer has to say about ram. Repeat for the other stick, than do both.

If on of the stick screws up, than theres your problem. If it only happens when both are in,... uh oh.

192 seems like a rather odd number...

I've had my 1gb kit show up as 512mb.....cause one stick wasn't seated right. Either your memory is going bad, or it's just a case of one needing to be resat.

Ah, I learn something new everyday.

I thought it might be on board RAM... I had a compaq that had some and kept messing me up.

I hate compaq...

loL @ onboard ram :p
yeah ur right compaq LiCK... but eh all packaged comps do

But Compaqs are the worse. Some have the weirdest button combos to get into the bios. I had one that simply REFUSED to let me in.

Has the HP/Compaq merger made them any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom