New XBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
nintendo needs to stop marketing to lil kids and make their game selection better
nintendo markets at 10 yr olds but what do 10 yr olds want? xbox

Wow you guys are taking one game....infact one game out of a series...and then applying that to a whole consoles genre of being 'hip hop'

Quit being racist and prejudice and grow up. Sheesh.

GTA: San Andreas is one out of ..what like 5 GTA games...all of which have to do with mafia members (ITALIAN) and one having to do with an 80's white dude...

get a grip people.

Technically Nubius, 4 of 5 are Italian mob games. The latter (S/A) being more of a modernized "thug" game, although I'm sure everyone here knows that, seeing as it is basically PS2's flagship game of the moment. I believe in the February issue of Game Informer, the sales chart read: (1) Halo 2 [XB] (2) GTA:SA [PS2] (3) Halo 2: Limited Edition [XB]. Hmmm...1 AND 3? Is that legal? Anywho, PS3 has an advantage over Nextbox (as I refer to it) seeing as MS releases it (most likely) before PS3. That may/may not give Sony time to throw on some sub-par add-on/peripheral to compete with MS. The "one game" PS2 has on Xbox at the moment topped the charts at #2, GTA:SA. Although it releases for Xbox June (6?). The delayed release doesn't bother most Xbox owning GTA-loving fans. They just go to their Sony-loving friends house to play until then. As for game depth, RPG's appeal to a certain audience. digitaloracle, you say Xbox's library is filled with mindless shooters that requires "no skills or an amount of skill difficult to obtain if one plays ofr less than six hours per day." What about the FF series? How many hours does it take to finish one of those games? If you were to play less than six hours per day, how long would it take? After you're done, do you replay it? I personally have only played 3 FF games (7, 8, 10) and I replayed 7 ONCE. I can arguably sit in front of my Xbox and play Halo 2 on Live for a week straight if my body could withstand it. Argue some more? How about Live's cost? $50/yr now? Cell phones are ~$40/mo. PS2's online requires you purchase an add-on adapter (how unusual of Sony to NOT think ahead?) The only game I have ever desired to play on PS2 online is Socom 2. And PS2 online leaves a huge gap whereas XBL has a very big 'community feeling.' Go online and check your stats, get invitations from friends to play cross-game, to name a few. Well this is OT, and people are probably bored of hearing about ps2 vs xbox. So, I'm out.

I totaly agree with digital oracle. I only got the gta impression right now cuhz everyon at my darn skool and everywere else i go is talkin bout GTA:San Andreas that it covers up all the wonderful Japanese RPGs that the PS2 has to offer. I definitely agree that xbox has no titles whatsoever that involves anything close to the remarkable storys and memories youl have when u complete a epic game like Final Fantasy. Yet, all your remember from an XBOX title is that of anything that involves killing. Sory guys buht thats just my opinion.

Anyways, Thats great how the gamecube uses ATi Video cards, lol i never knew that until i saw the sticker on my friends gamecube. Do u guys know if any console uses nVidia cards?

Also NappyChan. The FF series is long enough to the point on where you dont have to replay it so many times like Halo 2. I mean comon!! how short was Halo 2? 6 hours? So the developers thot.. hmmm this is a prete short game lets just make 4 diffuculties so the people that are already on legendary can play easy.. lol... Xbox is nice and all buht after a wile my xbox games start to collect dust. On top of that nappychan, you shouldnt compare a game like Halo 2 that has online cabablities to gmaes like FF. Yes i have to agree that Sony did not think ahead when it came to online.

Technically Nubius, 4 of 5 are Italian mob games.
Uhh that's what I said..GTA: San andreas is 1 out of 5 games that has 'thuggish' qualities...

GTA: San Andreas is one out of ..what like 5 GTA games...all of which have to do with mafia members (ITALIAN) and one having to do with an 80's white dude...
<---- what I said....all but one are mafia style..minus vice city is 80s style mafia

I see what you're saying Nubius. Read it wrong. My mistake. To clear things up, I own all three current-gen consoles. I can honestly say (as a person who isn't too interested in RPGs) that Xbox just isn't the same without online. Without a buddy it can get dry depending on your collection of time-consumers. I realize that comparing FF to Halo isn't a valid statement. I, personally, do not plan on buying any nextgen consoles for the sole fact that I'm finishing a PC that should last me over a year in the gaming world (but seriously, in today's world, maybe 3 months) before being completely obsolete, and I frankly just don't have that much time anymore. But a quick question, if you were to open a nextbox or ps3, and rip out say the gfx card or HD, would either be compatible or able to be rigged to your PC? Just a thought...

Ooohhhohohohohoho i know this one. Buy an xbox, port linux to it. and i'd rip out the xbox's graphics card, becuase they actually care. If any modders want a CHEAP system, go find yourself a xbox and port linux or MS XP to it. There's websites to it. If any of you mac modders (there's probably like, 1 out there) take nintendo's revolution. It's power PC articeture.

it's built in graphics dude, there's not a graphics card like sitting in an AGP slot or anything. The HD's are normal HD's...well they were in the first xbox ...but you had to 'unlock' them you couldn't just plug it in a computer and it run.

well i dont' know if this is true but i thought it was

1.San andreas
2.Halo2
3.Halo Collectors

I have them both have them for sepertae reasons Xbox= Live
pS2= Single player also Nintendo is coming out with Revolution It is supposed to be a more mature view of gaming consoles because of the new Zelda coming with it. Zelda,mario,metro is Nintendo PS2 is Grand theft auto,FinalFantsy,Gran turismo Xbox has Master chief and ninja gaiden,Tom Clancy

All for different reasons Nintendo=ages up to 13
PS2=14-45
Xbox = 14-45

Fine...sue me Nubius. But for nintendo's revolution, ATI and Intel are working on seprate stuff. Does that mean that the revolution will have a seprate or integrated graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom