HELP P2 400 Mhz and 80 GB HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkoffee

Beta member
Im trying to install a 80 GB hard drive into a P2 400 Mhz system with the Intel 440BX chipset and cant get it to work right. At first it would only see the drive if i capped it to 32 GB, so i did a bios update and now the bios sees in the post screen (un capped) but when it gets to the next screen (the one with the box going around it and tells all information about the computer i think it says "System Configuration") where the HDD info is the frist drive is recognized as "LBA, UDMA 2, 6506" and the second drive (the 80 GB) says "LBA, UDMA 6, " and just does one long continous beep. So whats wrong guys, should I even bother with the 80 gb and just throw a 40 gb in it insted or is there a work around. The mobo is a Tekram P6B40-A4X Ver 1.10 . The 80 GB HDD is a Hitachi Deskstar HDS728080PLAT20.

Thanx for taking the time to read this guys :)

That's a bit harsh he may just want this as a file server or something.

Personally i say ditch the 80 gig deathstar. Also, are the deathstar's not an IBM drive manafactuered by hitatchi?

I have seen too many deathstars die with all the data. In fact i hate IBM systems in general. At my school IBM PC's have like a 50% fail rate in 2 years.

yah i think that ibm and hitachi have something going on together the drives look very much alike. i cant trash the comp, its for the local Art center, i dont know what they use it for, but they have out grown the 6 gb hdd looks like ill put a 40 gb hdd in it

aspire.comptech said:
Sorry it came out that way but hey I make christmas ornaments out of PII processors. Thats just life

I pay a dollar for one at x-mas.

I am stuck here making x-mas orenements out of 166's :mad:

Hey dont make fun of p2's, My dual p2 350 whoops ass.
It kills a dual p3 450 setup with no problem. The reason why it does is because Intel got cheap on the p3 models and only gave the p3's 256kb of L2 cache.

My P2 also kills my P4 against HD random seek time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom