Chaintech 6600 GT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky9

Baseband Member
Just put it in my soltek pci-e board.

the card turns on, but the monitor doesnt pick up anything. what can i do???

does ur motherboard say any beeps or noises through ur speaker? try resaeating the card if it doesent work then try it on a diff comp see if it works that way... u can contact me on aim ... bigtimeballer504

peace

bigtimeballer50 said:
does ur motherboard say any beeps or noises through ur speaker? try resaeating the card if it doesent work then try it on a diff comp see if it works that way... u can contact me on aim ... bigtimeballer504

peace

:imwithstupid:

Their were quite a few bad 6600GT's floating around and you may have got one.

A monitor not coming on doesn't mean the vid card necessarily simply because thats where the signal comes from...if you don't hear your computer BEEP once signalling that it's atleast POST'ing then you have hardware problem in which it could be the mobo, CPU, vid card, or RAM.

Take out the vid card and see if the motherboard beeps...if it doesn't, it's not the vid card.

Repeat same with RAM...see if it beeps when you take out the RAM...if it doesn't, you may need to remove the whole motherboard and put it on the mobo box with an antistatic bag ontop of the box to see if the mobo was shorting out..

Try reseting the CMOS as the most basic of troubleshooting attemps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom