Having some issues, possibly power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
minimum 300W system power supply

I shoulda gotten rid of the stuff b4 i posted it. Said on XFX site that the 6600 GT needed a minimum of 300 watt power supply

dhw200 said:

I shoulda gotten rid of the stuff b4 i posted it. Said on XFX site that the 6600 GT needed a minimum of 300 watt power supply

Ok, that accounts for one card. That doesnt include all of the other stuff in his original post. I'm pretty sure that for a system like that you would need more than 300W.

bigtimeballer50 said:
casey jusrt do wat isaid ok scrol up ull see ma post

Yes baller, I saw that. My intention is to get a new power supply, however trying something doesn't really give me any insight as to what the problem actually is.

bigtimeballer50 said:

What!? That's for the AGP card. Regardless, it doesn't matter. I currently have more than a 300W power supply and the rest of the components of a computer are considered in that equation, so adding another 75W onto it is only 375W. Thanks for your attempt though... Believe me, I've done my fair share of research as to what the GF6600GT's recommend... it's 350W in the manual, however no one has the actual power consumption ratings.

You should, as a failsafe, add at least 50-100 watts onto whatever you think you need.

Guh... Obviously.

However, as you seemed to be convinced, a system with one of the cards would require 300W, so add an additional 75W to that makes 375W, I have a 450W power supply, therefore I've gone 75W above *recommended*. However, recommended obviously not enough.

So without repeating what everyone's said several times before in this thread, can anyone shed some new light on this subject?

Yeah, I figured as much. I picked up the OCZ 520W PSU today and it's running stable so far... Going to let it do a few benchmarks and such for a few hours while I'm out tonight and see how it reacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom