NVIDIA/Geforce 6600GT Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted the win.com file and am reistalling windows which resets all the drivers but keeps my files.

Hope it works!

So You think it's because I switched from ATI to NVIDIA?

That means GOOD-BYE everything though!

Goodbye music

Goodbye HL2 Files

Goodbye Passwords

- There's gotta be another way.
Thats why backing up often is always a good idea.

Do what gaara suggested and make a partition for your stuff you want to keep then format the main partition on which the OS is on.

Going from ATI to nvidia will definitely cause tons of problems unless you can get every last spec of ATI off there.

did you uninstall the 9800 pro first then reboot and do not re-install the 9800 just cancel the option .Use Driver cleaner 3 to remove any other 9800 drivers .Then shut down disconect all power and install the 6600gt boot up and load the new card.You can let windows install it if you have the drivers unpacked on a cd or cancel that prompt and install it from a downloaded Driver exe .

You can't let windows really install the drivers. Windows default driver for the 6600GT is terrible, and a slideshow.

After getting rid of all the ATI crap (which your doing by reinstalling) turn off, put the card in, boot and reinstall. Once windows is installed, doubble clicky on the .exe driver.

Also, dont forget your power molex like most people.

just reformat dude ive gone through that shit like 100 times infact since the past week i had 2 do it 3 times and i lost my files 3 times cuz everytime i reformated i added the nstuff happend ad that was with my mohterboard... but just reintsall ur games and stuff .. or burn ur important files on a cd but if ur reforamting doesent work try a new motherboard usally the main thing is the motherboard cuz thats where everything goes 2 =)

In lue of reformating the computer...

Go to Start > Run > Type 'regedit'

Use the search tool (under Edit>Find) and search for anything with ATI in it.

Delete EVERY entry that it shows up, a couple of my friends avoided the format by doing this, but I'm not gaurenteeing you wont have to reformat after you do this anyways.

I have driver cleaner but I don't understandhow to use it really.

I Reinstalled Windows and My PC still comes up with Direct3D errors when attempting to play some games!

Is it possible to zend stuff in zip folders to my email account or could I move everything I want to keep to a second partition and reformat the first partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom