Crashing During WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laxboy15

Baseband Member
Crashing During Gaming

Hey guys, i have been experiencing many crahses when I play World of Warcraft although i do not recieve them while i play HL2. I have a 9800 pro 256 mb, and Wow shold not pose a problem on default settings I would think. Usually when I crash it freezes then goes back to desktop and Says sumthing about Vpu Recover or sumtimes the Screen begins to pixelate and many colred bloches appear on the screen and i am forced to reboot the comp manually. After I start playing again, the screen turns black and I am forced to restart my comp. Is my card going? or is somthing else wrong? BTW I Downloaded the new drivers of my Card and Mother Board

Thanks a lot

How strong is your PSU? I had the same problem with halo when I was running a 250watt psu, since i got the 550 no problems at all!

You may want to ask at there forums since they have an entire Forum dedicated to WoW. And no im not talking about the Battle.net forums....

Yeah..... but these are tech formus I thought its more a comp question then a game question. Any mroe replies would be usefull

does WoW require internet access? that would explain the extra strain on the psu. however, it should only be an extra 25-50 watts. If it's not the psu i'd point fingers at the software. haven't got a clue what it'd be though.

It might be the psu but i do have like a 450-500 watt psu, any other suggestions?
Hmmm, why wouldnt the post belong here? its about the computer crashing during gaming and a computer does have to do with this forum does it not?
BTW it seems to happen it more graphicly intense places. The settings are pretty low like i said, and 9800 pro 256 should handle it right?

hes saying wow crashes! and its not because of psu its beacsue of ur motherboard its a POS whjen its a POS it crashes becuz that newb mobo cant handle the game done deal psu has nothing 2 do with it if the game crashes if ur mobo restarted then psu might be the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom