6600GT OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Well i have a 6600GT PCI-E so its clocked at 1ghz mem 500mhz core stock. i want to get it higher and i have run it in doom3 as high as 595 and 1.2ghz for a short time (freaked out and quit)but im not sure whether its safe. my bigest problem is that i don;t know what happens with the mem. will it melt or will i get some warning?? It has no temp moniter for the mem so can i oc it? im not pumping in more voltage or anything but is it the same as with a cpu when ocing will it only really get hotter when i increese the voltage or will increeseing frequensies be able to heat it up to dangerouse levels?

lol yea i know its strange that im a noob in some ways and try thing on my cpu like 4ghz but thats probebly cos im a noob so im prepared to try it :p

When you see artifacts, rainbow flashes, things just not being drawn right, then you've pushed your card too far. That's all you need to be looking out for.

4ghz in the BIOS is pretty good being that most peoples computers simply won't boot, but the fact that you're windows usable stable OC isn't that high shows the most skill as far as OC'ing.

Your 6600GT will either crash your entire computer or artifact than crash 5 seconds later.

I got mine to 1.3 and 598 for a while, than 2 min's in a stress test it would artifact.

1.3 is crazy DJ. I've heard numerous reports of 1.2 and whatnot, but thus far the highest I've been able to do was 564/1046 I believe it was. It's lookin to be like the eVGA 6600GT isn't the best OC'ers...thinkin the leadtek probably is from what I've heard

XFX are known as a high overclocker and an unreliable card as well.

Also, is your ram stock at 900 or 1ghz, since mine is 1ghz.
Rember, I couldnt run 1.3 for long because of damned artifacts.

I didnt want to let go of my high overclocking 6600GT when i had to RMA it. With my luck, the new one will OC 3mhz on the ram and core :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom