What is too hot for athlon xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panish

Baseband Member
My AMD Athlon xp 2600+ runs at about 53 C, i feel like this is too hot, am i wrong?:confused:

also system temp is around 38c
i have a very nice heatsink and fan running about 5000 rpm

thanks for help

is that full load or idle? 53C full load would be fine, but if it's idle you need more case fans or somethin

nope thats idle and i have 5 case fans in what i consider a good config, the only way i could get the temp down to about 48c was if i took a processer fan which blows alot of air and had it sitting on top of the video card blowing away from the northbridge chipset heatsink, with the side off the case

also is there any possiblility whatsoever that this is a bad cpu, like bad batch or fake or something? I think i am going to return it and upgrade to a 64 when i have the $ anyways

my 2400+ XP would idle at 64C with stock cooler and no case fans and it's still running...although not quite that hot anymore..

I'm assuming yours probably gets to around 60C full load..indeed a bit too hot but it'll survive.

A lot of the XP's had a tendency to easily run in the 50's so no it's not a bad batch or anything.

You room could be too hot for one variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom