New XBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Any of u fellas know what's under the hood in the new XBox?. As in what's the equivalent PC graphics card in it?.. 9800 pro? 6800?. etc.

This is a rumor:

ATI R520 core - next generation (graphics core above 500)
3 3.5+ power PC processors with a shared 1mb cache
512+ memory
HD DVD
No HD (optional)

Seems to good to be true - unless it cost a ton of $$

Bastards! :angry: . Does that mean all our graphics cards in our PCs are gonna be obsolete to the new XBox machines?? :(.. That sucks :(..

Hey, even if the Xbox is better, it is stuck where it is for 4 years or so b4 the next console release. PC will go right on getting better :)

yes, but if its as good as a top of the line PC, then hopefully they'll time the release of the next console just as the hardware becomes to obsolete. Here is some indepth specs on XBox2:

http://www.mostlycreativeworkshop.com/Article276.html

of course, these are leaked specs and not confirmed. check out how the GPU has direct read access of the L2 cache, and also each core has 2 L1 chaches, one 32 for instruction and one 32 for data PER core.

Seems interesting. I like playing xbox live a lot when I feel like getting away from the hackers that plague every pc game for a while.

Shouldn't this be posted in the xbox section?

Anyways, Microsoft has enough money to do w/e they want. And for the first 3 months microsoft might not try to make a profit, on its xboxs until the parts come down and the price will stay the same. I'm a nintendo fan...and i hope ninteno's thinking up of something great....because it has money nor a huge fan base.

Anyways...i think the xbox will be coming out soon. I have a friend whose dad works making products from plans/prototypes to assembly lines. His contract was the xbox...but i won't get any info out of him, becuase i'd feel guilty doing it.

yeah the xbox2 is nice and all buht nothing and i mean nothing compared to the PS3 with its cell processor. I just watched G4TV last night and on of the hosts was at the san fransico developers confrence and the president of microsoft even hinted that the xbox2 will lock in perfomance compared to the PS3's Cell Prosescsor. So theyl be tryin to come in from another aproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom