connecting 2 burners to burn at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
how would i go about connecting 2 burners instead of having 1 normal cd rom and 1 burner.

ive had probelms connecting them both so they can both burn music at the same time off the hard drive

plz help.

there is no special configuration. you hook them up using the standard IDE layout with master/ slave.

burning multiple discs with 2 or more cd/dvd burners is a feature of the cd/ dvd burning program. nero i know supports this. i'm sure many others do also

ADD this,,

If you want to burn DIRECT FROM DISC TO DISC,, the burners have to be on different IDE controllers,,

One on the Primary,, and the Second on the Secondary,,

this is due to errors that occur from the transfer of information on the same IDE ribbon,, buffer underrun is usually a problem,,

plus,, your speed stays up,,

cheers,

CrashAbbott i heard about that too from this tech that works at bestbuy. that rule probably doesn't apply anymore because computers are much faster now.

i had a cd-rom and a cd-burner hooked up on the same ide channel set as master and slave and i can burn 48x copies easily with no errors

HAahahhahahah :)

see this is the candor that I love,,,

You know,,, its probably my old school thinking to err on the side of caution,, but Ek ,,, you are right,,with the buffers and speeds of today,,

I say let loose!!

In fact ,, I am going to go home and test that theory tonight,, and if I get coasters,, I will mail them out,,

hahahhahahah!,,

thanks

yup lostman this guy who fixes playstation 2 consoles at a video store i worked at temporarily told me that tip about separate IDE channels and cd burners.

CrashAbbott i was using a memorex 48x cd burner (bought from bestbuy for really cheap ) with a buffer underun technology called mount raineer.

i had a tdk velocd 24x burner and i beleive it would stop and restart doing 24x cd-to-cd copies even when on separate channels so make sure yours can do full speed on separate channels before you conclude the tests a failure on the same channel.

CrashAbbott let me know what results you get and if you burn coasters send some my way, i'm running out of places to put all my drinks on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom