MSN Messenger History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si121

Solid State Member
Recently, when trying to open MSN messenger history, it comes up with a problem telling me:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Simon Banniste...

INDX(

Any ideas why? What can I do to retrieve this data?

I know this has nothing to do with messenger, but try this:

To work around this issue, save the .xml file attachment to another location on your hard disk, and then open the file from this location. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Start Outlook or Outlook Express, and then open the message that contains the .xml file attachment that you want to open.
2. Right-click the attachment, and then click Save As.
3. In the Save Attachment dialog box, specify a name and a location in which to save the file, and then click Save.
4. Close the message window.
5. Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the .xml file that you saved in step 3.
6. Double-click the file to open it.

I'm a bit confused by the outlook bit. I didn't get it sent to me as an email attachment. How can I open it in Outlook? I did try sending the file to myself, then changed the name and destination folder. Didn't work though. :(

it apears that your history file is corrupt. i've had that problem. what i did is I deleted the the file. and msn recreated it when i loaded msn...
but this will only help you retrieve any of the history after the fact...
if you really need to open the file, open it with notepad... its a little cryptic but xml isn't that hard to decipher.

Ok, It's messed up. Even makes no sense at all in notepad. Other History does. :( Damn it! I lost so much important coversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom