Why is Microsoft so backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
What is it with Gates&Co.? Everything these idiots are involved in becomes a convoluted mess.

Sorry, that had to be said.

I am attempting to use Hotmail, in order to use MSN Messenger, in order to add it to Trillian. Did I lose you? If I did, you can't help, so stop reading.

Anyway, I signed up for a .NET passport with my personal email address. Then I bounced emails back and forth with the Gates Gang, only to find out that I have to list my email address to use Messenger??? Correct me if I am wrong, but that's what the idiots said.

So, I sign up for Hotmail to use that address as a dump site for the spam that will come rolling in. But it won't let me access it!!! I fire up Messenger, it says I have two emails. I click to go there, and the page tells me to og in. I do, and it tells me that I am alreadt logged in, do I want to log out with my passport and log back in with the same passport, or do I want tto continue wiht the passport I am using? My answer doesn't matter, because it wants me to log in again.

It gets better. I finally click "Home", figuring I'll come around the other side. Not! I get to their homepage, and click the Hotmail link. It takes me to a page where they want me to sign up for newsletters. Like I want that in my inbox. I click continue, and it wants me to sign in again!!!

Maybe I'm dense (not!), but can anyone actually access Hotmail, or does it just loop? I've already decided that I can live wihout Messenger, as I don't like someone telling me that i can't use it with Trillian and that i should delete Trillian and just use Messenger (I kid you not, that's what they told me).

OK, enough ranting. Anyone know how to resolve ANY of this?

I have never had that problem. Seems like a user error to me. Messenger works fine, hardly no spam at all, etc.

Did that.

I go to Hotmail and sign in. It takes me to the list of newsletters. I click Continue. It then takes me to sign in my .NET passport. I do that, and it takes me back to the newsletter list. I hit Continue, and it takes me back to the .NET passport sign in.

I have tried with both IE and firefox.

What are you using this email for anyways? This is probably a stupid question to ask but I'll ask it anyways, want me to give it a try? If so pm me with your email address and password and I'll log in and see whats going on. If not, then I understand.

Thanks, Warez. Good job.

ANy idea why Trillian can't log into Messenger? It says I am using the wrong password. Since I just changed it, I know that I'm not. According to others here, Messenger works through Trillian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom