New heatsinkage design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Well, if ANY heatsink fell off you can pretty much consider your card dead dude

Yeah, I know. Its just if you had that huge HSF over all of your cards, you would worry alot. Especially if you had the LGA775 package HSF. The only thing I do not like about 775systems is the retention system for HSF's. It is just 4 holes drilled in the board.

That thing is massive, and at that angle, plus the components being HOT, that looks like it could be a tad dangerous...

Yan

Don't you guys think they've already tested that crap under a variety of situations and environments? It's not like anyone here at TF is going to stumble across a ground breaking idea that would cause such a thing to fail that they didn't already think of.

I like that the fan is on the side of it. Altough its STAND, the small part witch sits on top of the cpu. Its very thin, so you cant grasp alot of the heat. Its just way to thin in the middle, if it was bigger, the heat wouldent have to wait in line as much.

For that simple factor, i wouldent recommend it. But its good to see they are trying different setups.

It uses liquid, which covers the entire CPU. The thin stand is only the pipe that the heated water travels up through.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, thanks FadingTheory... See what happens when you dont pay attention! I would like to MOD a 120mm 125-CFM fan on that baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom