Monitor Blacks Our (but monitor is OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmptr64

Beta member
I have a computer where the monitor sporadically goes blank for 20-30 seconds at a time. It started out doing this maybe once a day, but now it does it 15-20 times a day. The computer takes no input when the monitor goes blank which leads me to think it may be something besides the video card. I switched monitors with another computer and the new monitor did the same thing. It can go blank at any time, even when being actively used. Any suggestions?

lol I love the odd ball problems, they're both comical, and interesting. I'd try changing out the video card, might not fix it, but it rules out the card. Might not solve the problem, but it will rule out the card. Do you have a virus scaner on your machine fully updated? BTW include some system specs. How old is this windows install?

P.S. Your system has the hicups, throw it out the window to scare it.

1 year old XP Pro SP 2 - running McAfee AV
It seems like it could be a failing part, possibly heat related the way it's acting. I was thinking more on the motherboard end (although I hope not!). Is it possible the RAM could cause this? Thanks for your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom