PSU - What watt?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobd_uk

Solid State Member
How do I work out what wattage PSU my machine needs? The case I've ordered comes with a 350W, but I'm not sure how to work out if I need to upgrade it?!

Thanks.

Just a warning with that site and any other psu calculator, they are not totaly accurate. I would suggest getting a psu with atleast 100 more watts then they suggest.

I was running the system in my sig with only three hard drives, and everything else, and the video card would not get enough power while gaming. THis was on a 400w psu, that site said I had enough power. I bought a 550w and it ran fine. So I would suggest to buy more than it says. Too much power isnt a problem, not enough is.

But than again im running my system off of a 330watt antec psu, and I'm not having problems with it.

Don't double post the same question in two diff threads. I'm closing the one in Overclocking.

I suggest that you get a new PSU anyhow, because 350 is really low, even if you have a lower end system

I already posted about how inaccurate it is. Most of the time it is hard to figure out how much wattage the video card uses in meduim to high graphics application. This has to be one of the areas it has a low figure in. Espicaly if you have a video card that requires an extra molex connector.

CreditSolutions said:
That PSU calculator cannot be anywhere near accurate. It states 311w minimum for the specs listed in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom