saving a video from a web page to hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shit, wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that Major. What other websites are you trying to save a video from and_you_are?

Thanks. Where do you find these links that you can rt click and save?

I would still like to know how I can save videos from places like newgrounds and others, that host videos.

quik time is save as source in the middle of the picture. wmv is properties (in the middle of picture) and you will see a link.

you need frontpage for flash videos

ok right click on a page, not a link. The menu that pops up should show an option to "view source" or in FireFoxs case "View Page Source". This opens the page in a text only viewer. Now you can just wander through the code and find something that has .mpg .avi .wmv or .mov at the end(which is usually the longest line in the viewer). The easiest way for you is just to use the search option in the viewer, look under edit, or maybe view, whatever works.

For me its coin toss, in short pages its faster for me to look at the html and find the address, but when a page is like 400+ lines long, its longer.

Uhm some pages don't give you the full address, but a directory/filename, and you'll need to put the web address before that... like this
/preppie4south/.Movies/Numa%20Numa%20YAY%20Video.mov
and address in the address bar is
http://homepage.mac.com/preppie4south/iMovieTheater2.html

Or in firefox, right click on the page, select View Page Info, click on the Media tab and look for something like Embeded or Object. Click on the item that says Embeded or Object and there you go, you have the url.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom