NIC drivers won't load: code 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micscience

Solid State Member
Hi I am new to these forums glad to read all this helpful information.

I have done a search on these boards and coulldn't find any matching results so I am making a thread about it.

Ok I opened my PC to clean the dust off it today. I used a dust brush and a vacuum to suck up the dust while vacuming. I put everything back together. After clicking firefox saying yahoo.com got timedout. I checked my NIC. My NIC wasn't showing up under network connections. I am connected threw a router from DSL.

Next I checked device manager and basically all the drivers needed for anything related to the internet wern't installed like: linkysys ethernet card, linksys packet scheduler, wan mini port, wan ppoe, sis integrated ethernet. So I uninstalled my Linksys NIC and rebooted. When I reboot I get a runtime error saying line 11 do you wish to debug. I have hit yes and no many of times after many reboots and nuthing happens.

I have changed PCI slots and rebooted and installed my NIC and nuthing happens. So I figured I would install my usb ethernet netmate nic and the same thing happens any nic or related to internet devices can't seem to load there drivers. I have never had this problem I been surfing the net and many forums if anyone could help I would appreciate it.TY

edit: My operating system is winxp.

Thanks for the reply

Yes it ran fine. And when my PC boots up I get
( A runtime error has ocurred)
(line:11) which is my NIC
(error: object expected)
then it asks do I wish to debug. I hit yes and nuthing happens.

I have also uninstalled my NIC removed it from the PCI slot and still I get the same error.

Also system devices under device manager, there is plug n play BIOS extentsion with a ! the error reads:

windows canott start this device because it's configuration information is incomplete or damaged. code19

Code 19 (I assume you are using XP) means theres a registry problem. You could try the following things :

1. Boot up in safe mode then select last known good config to restore the latest working registry.

2. If that doesn't work, try clicking on the general properties of the device in device manager & select troubleshoot.

3. if that doesn't help, restart in safe mode, go to device manager & delete the problem devices including any duplicate ones. Restart normally & let windows redetect the devices.

I tried last known god configurartion and nuthing happened.
I had the troubleshoot service disabled for more perofmance on my pc from a guidev as well. I'll see if I can renable it.
I'll try the 3rd thing as well and see what happens. thx

Ok I just uninstalled the devices with a ! under device Manager in safe mode rebooted and the problem still remains. I don't want to give into formating I told my PC I would defeat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom