XP Pro Resolution problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBarry

In Runtime
Hey! I just installed XP Pro on my Dell computer, which already had XP Home on it. I did this due to a network problem but forget that. OK so XP Pro works but i cant put the resolution over 640xwhatever and above 16bit.

Help pleeeease :angry:

you need to install your video drivers.
they are not built into the XP pro...

Good luck.

What video card you have? Is it covered under the windows catalog?

Go to start, Windows catalog look for your hardware under there to see if its covered.

Search ATI.com for you drivers if u have an ATI, or nvidia.com for Nvidia cards.

Some cards are included in XP. Like the TNT2 cards :)

SamBarry said:
Hey! I just installed XP Pro on my Dell computer, which already had XP Home on it. I did this due to a network problem but forget that. OK so XP Pro works but i cant put the resolution over 640xwhatever and above 16bit.

Help pleeeease :angry:

I reformatted my brother computer last week. I had the same problem.
I went to dell website for dell diminsion 4600 drivers and installed their vga drivers. it fixed the problem. it was an itel driver

ok im gna try and install the drivers off the cd's that came with it. It is a Dell 2400. It has a built in vid card. Ill try the Dell website. Thanks guys :)

ok i went on the Dell website, i tried display and video drivers but htey didn't have any that supported my system. Do i want display or video drivers?

Im going to try the CD's tht came with the Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom