random restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm ok I think I found the problem. My CPU voltage is at 2.14V yet my BIOS is set to give it 1.365V I have no idea why its not listening and giving it too much power. Any ideas?

very odd, never seen a bios give the incorrect voltage with the auto setting. Manual setting doesn't allow you to correct it? Your saying you did manually set it to 1.365V or the motherboard set it to that value? How are you determining what voltage the cpu is actually getting? Its hard to believe the cpu is doing anything at that voltage.

it was auto set at 1.365V and i manually checked it to make sure it was at that voltage. Where im getting the voltage is from is SiSoft Sandra, Hardware Monitor, and Aida32. I dont know if its really at 2+ Volts but then why does my computer restart when i play games?

it is a possibility that ur graphics card is not doing a job! maybe try another graphics card!

Well those programs have known to be wrong. I still don't think the voltage is quite that high, but the heat supports the theory that the volts are off. I don't know of any fix but maybe find some older bios and unupdate it. Other then that replace the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom