adaware vs spybot search n destroy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both is the only way to fly. Theyre free trials, so you dont have to worry about costs and theyre small programs, so no worries about HD space or bandwidth usage.

My dad's Compaq was FLOODED with spyware. Ad-aware and Spybot cleaned that baby like a charm and now its actually running fairly stable now.

They work completely differently, therefore pick up different stuff...therefore you should use both. As the spybot program says when it detects that another spyware/adware removal program, it keeps a backup folder that is completely safe so that if something was detected as spyware and removed, it can be restored...and the contents of that folder is often detected by other spyware removal programs.

my procedure of clensing my pc is as follows...look for webupdates from ad-aware, then run ad-aware...then spybot...then windows cleaner...then reg scrub XP...then i will boot up norton system works...do the 1 button checkup...do the cleaner on there...run an antivirus and then a defrag...

S&D rules its got so many more things. Ad-aware also seems to take ages but im guna start running both> Just for anyone www.lavasoftusa.com for Ad-aware and security.kolla.de for spybot youd be crazy not to have at least one

Procedure:

-Run Spybot
-Download updates
-Search for adware

-Run Ad-Aware
-Download updates
-Search for adware

-Run Spybot again

-Run Ad-Aware again

-Run SpywareBlaster
-Download updates
-Block list of adware

-Run McAfee VirusScan

-Clear Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History

-Defragment

BTW, what is this "reg scrub XP" you speak of, ADZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom